Not what you're looking for?
Answered By: Kerri Vautour Last Updated: Jan 15, 2017 Views: 21
Babson Library accepts gifts and donations of books, periodicals, or other materials. Whenever possible, gifts are accepted without special terms regarding their retention, processing and disposition. Once donated and acknowledged appropriately, gifts become the property of Springfield College.
Gifts accepted for potential inclusion in the library's collection are reviewed by appropriate liaison librarians and/or the college archivist. Ordinarily, only some small portion of gifts received are added to the collections to fill gaps in the holdings or to replace worn copies.
We are especially interested in receiving gifts of the following types of items:
- Books and other published materials which support the research and teaching missions of Springfield College
- Papers, photographs, pamphlets, and other unpublished materials and artifacts which reflect the history of Springfield College
The following types of items are generally not accepted:
- Short runs of research journals or nearly any popular magazine
- Romance novels
- Out-of-date audiovisual materials
- Condensed books or study aids
- Textbooks more than five years old
- Computer books more than three years old
- Books which show signs of damage
- Translations into languages other than English
For more information about donations, call 413-748-3315 or 800-730-5279. For information about donating to the archives, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.