Not what you're looking for?
Answered By: Lisa Sotak Last Updated: Jan 15, 2017 Views: 49
Babson Library subscribes to a variety of newspapers in different formats.
In paper format:
Springfield (Mass.) Republican (weekday/weekend); Boston (Mass.) Globe (weekday/weekend); New York (N.Y.) Times (weekday/weekend); and Wall Street Journal (weekdays). The library does not store back issues.
In electronic format:
For information on how to access newspaper stories from a variety of newspapers, please visit our Newspaper Research Guide, which provides information on newspapers to which the library subscribes, as well as newspapers that are available in some format online.
Here are some tips for finding a specific newspaper in the library:
- Go to the Library Services homepage.
Click on Journals.
- Type in the name of the newspaper in the search box. The results will indicate whether that newspaper appears in any of our online databases.
Alternatively, you can try searching in three databases which contain newspaper articles:
- Proquest Historical Newspapers is an online database which indexes the New York Times (1851-2012).
- LexisNexis Academic Universe is another online database which indexes news, legal, medical and reference information and includes the New York Times (full-text) 1980-to the present, as well as other newspapers.
- Springfield Republican and Western Massachusetts Newspapers provides access to a variety of Western Massachusetts newspapers including: Advocate (North Adams), Amherst Bulletin, Berkshire Eagle, Daily Hampshire Gazette, North Adams Transcript, Recorder (Greenfield), Springfield Advocate, Springfield Examiner, Springfield Republican, and Valley Advocate.